Manus Scores two for PNC
PNC SECURES TWO MORE MP’s
Peoples National Congress has secured two more seats in Manus.
This follows the simultaneous declarations of Charlie Benjamin and Job Pomat earlier this evening.
Mr Benjamin retains his place on the Governor’s seat, while Mr Pomat, a former MP ousted PNG National Party candidate, Ronny Knight, to become the Open MP.
Mr Pomat polled a total 6,844 votes, past the absolute majority of 6,371.
Manus also becomes the first province to have completed the 2017 National election, following these declarations.
NBC News – Reilly Kanamon (Lorengau)
TALLY SO FAR
PNC LEADS IN 10 DECLARATIONS SO FAR
- James Marape (PNC) – Tari-Pori Open (Sun 9th July)
2. Justin Tkatchenko (PNC) – Moresby South Open (Wed 12th July)
3. Dr. Allan Marat (MLP) – Rabaul Open (Fri 14th July)
4. Peter O’Neill (PNC) – Ialibu-Pangia Open (Sat 15th July)
5. Walter Schnaubelt (NA) – Namatanai Open (Sat 15th July)
6. Petrus Nane Thomas (Ind) – Koroba-Lake Kopiago Open (Sun 16th July)
7. Koni Iguan (PANGU) – Markham Open (Sun 16th July)
8. Sam Basil (PANGU) – Bulolo Open (Sun 16th July)
9. Job Pomat (PNC) – Manus Open (Sun 16th July)
10. Charlie Benjamin (PNC) – Manus Regional (Sun 16th July)